Friday, March 11, 2011

Sacrifice?

Lent is upon us, and I was trying to figure out what my sacrifice would be this season. On Wednesday, I considered giving up the usual stuff: chocolate, caffeine, blah blah blah. But it didn't really seem good enough. Then, last night I was perusing my latest issue of Food Network magazine, thinking how lovely all the dishes looked and how much time it would take to make quality meals.

Ding.

This year, I will attempt to make at least one meal a day that comes from scratch (or at least not a box in the freezer). I used to do this all the time, but I think most first-time moms would agree that homemade, healthful meals take a backseat to caring for the baby. With my son getting older, I will spend less time for myself and more time caring for mine and my husband's nutritional needs. Yes, I will sacrifice some free time, but I consider it really more of a gift to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment